Are you an R&D ICT-Project coordinator or partner? Apply and have the chance of hosting an Artistic Residency to boost your innovation process and the dissemination of your technology!
The ICT Project call for 2018 residencies is now closed. R&D projects can apply for 2019 residencies.
VERTIGO promotes the arts as impetus and catalysts for a creative conversion of science and technology knowledge into new products, services, and processes. To achieve this objective, VERTIGO is
for your project: Additional inputto the innovative aspects of your project’s technology from a radically different point of view. This will be achieved by rethinking design, expanding technological limits through art installations, developing unexpected use-cases for the technology, testing unusual technical solutions, and working on social acceptance;
- New prospects for innovation, production of new prototypes and new knowledge
complimentaryto your project;
- Organisational learning through the adoption of new processes for innovation;
- Significant extension of public dissemination of the project activities and technology through the high-profile VERTIGO events and dissemination channels.
- The R&D project is in the field of ICT or related application areas;
- The R&D project is either funded through a public European / national program or by own funds of the organisation;
- It ends after March 2019 (for residencies starting in 2018) or after March 2020 (for residencies starting in 2019);
- It is fully committed to integrate the artist into the project organisational and collaborative framework;
- It gives the artist access to technologies developed by the project;
- It provides a basic working environment for the artist.
- Optionally: provides a technical infrastructure for hosting the artwork production process (otherwise will be supported by a third party,
called as Producer, brought by the artist).
- Period of implementation: the project should be under execution at the time of the residency;
- Scope: the ICT-related project should address an important technological area, such as smart cities, wearable technology,
open data, internet of things, cloud computing, etc.,
- Innovation potential: originality of the ICT-related project and associate technology;
- Capacity to show resources committed to the artistic residency (people, tools, possibility to interact with the technology, etc.);
- Quality of information: is the information filled in the online form suitable for communication: quality of writing, quality, and resolution of pictures and video,
capacity to express technology in understandable language for artists and large audience
- Target-groups: dimension of the target-group (e.g. type of actors, activity areas, geographic dispersion) addressed by
the technology being developed by the ICT-related project;
- Impact: Positive changes and advancement for society or economy.
Note: within the VERTIGO Project, an ICT-Project is a project, formalized within defined means and time frame, aimed at implementing research and innovation
activities in the field of ICT at the level of the international state-of-the-art.
- Interested projects fill a form presenting their activity, technology and hosting offer.
- The ICT Projects submission is available through a continuous process; submissions received after the December 10th 2017 deadline will be taken into account for the 2019 residencies call (foreseen deadline: December 2018).
- The 2018 Call for Residencies (artists + producers applications based on selected ICT projects) is now closed;
- The announcement of laureate residencies (artists+producers+associated ICT projects) will be made in June 2018;
- The selected residencies will start from September 2018 at the earliest.