Call for R&D projects
Are you an R&D ICT-Project coordinator or partner? Apply now and have the chance of hosting an Artistic Residency to boost your open innovation and the dissemination of your technology!
VERTIGO promotes the arts as catalysts for an efficient conversion of science and technology knowledge into products, services, and processes. To achieve this objective, VERTIGO is organizing and funding artist residencies in R&D projects in the field of ICT (Information and Communication Technologies).
The artist will work with your ICT-Project and will contribute to the innovative aspects of the research undertaken within it by bringing an artistic perspective through artistic practices. Those practices should naturally lead to an original artwork based on the project technology featuring novel use-cases with a high potential for innovation. VERTIGO will also act as a platform to showcase produced works to the public and actors of innovation.
Benefits for your project:
Additional input to the innovative aspects of your projects technology from a radically different point of view. This will be achieved by rethinking design, exploring technological limits through art installations, developing unexpected use-cases for the technology, testing unusual technical solutions, and working on social acceptance;
New prospects for innovation, production of new prototypes and new knowledge complimentary to your project;
Organizational learning through the adoption of new organizational processes for innovation;
Significant extension of public dissemination of the project activities and technology through the high profile VERTIGO events and dissemination channels;
Requirements and process
Pre-conditions for first residency call:
- The project is funded through a public European or national program in the field of ICT;
- It ends after February 2018;
- It is fully committed to integrate the artist into the project organizational and collaborative framework;
- It gives the artist access to technologies developed by the project;
- It provides a basic working environment for the artist. Optionally: provides a technical infrastructure for hosting the artwork production process (otherwise will be supported by a Producer third party brought by the artist).
- Quality of information: is the information filled in the on-line form suitable for communication: quality of writing, quality and resolution of pictures and video, capacity to express technology in understandable language for artist and large audience
- Period of implementation: the project should be under execution at the time of the residency;
- Capacity to show resources committed to the artistic residency (people, tools, possibility to interact with the technology, etc.);
- Scope: the ICT-Project should address an important technologic area, such as smart cities, wearable technology, open data, internet of things, cloud computing, etc.
- Innovation potential: originality of the ICT-Project and associate technology;
- Target-groups: dimension of the target-group (e.g. type of actors, activity areas, geographic dispersion) addressed by the technology being developed by the ICT-Project;
- Impact: Changes and advancement for society or economy.
- Interested projects fill a form presenting their activity, technology and hosting offer;
- The projects submission platform will close on April 10th at 10:00 am CET. No additional submission will be accepted after this deadline for the 2017 Call.
- A selection of available projects will be published from April 15th;
- The selected residencieswill start from September 2017 at the earliest;
- A co-production contract will be signed between all concerned parties including the partner of the ICT-Project in charge of the residency.
- Residency applications will be submitted in relation to one of the selected projects. Conditions and process